Position: Oppose Status: Senate Committee on Judiciary
This bill is no longer active.
Allows person without concealed handgun license to carry concealed firearm on person or in vehicle in certain circumstances if person can legally possess firearms under Oregon law.
2-27-17: Referred to Judiciary. 2-23-17: Introduction and first reading. Referred to President's desk. Chief Sponsors: Senator Olsen, Baertschiger Jr Regular Sponsors: Senator Girod, Linthicum, Thatcher
Allows person without a concealed handgun license to carry a loaded hidden gun in the following circumstances:
- A person possessing a firearm while at an established target range, whether public or private, for the purpose of practicing target shooting, or
- While traveling to or from the target range, including traveling by public transportation as defined in ORS 166.116.
- Licensed hunters or fishermen while engaged in hunting or fishing, or while going to or returning from a hunting or fishing expedition.
- A person protected by a stalking protective order, a restraining order as defined in ORS 24.190 or any other court order prohibiting another person from contacting the person, provided that the person:
- Has a pending application for a concealed handgun license under ORS 166.291 and 166.292; or
- Has a scheduled appointment to submit an application for a concealed handgun license under ORS 166.291 and 166.292.
- A person possessing a newly purchased firearm while traveling from the place of purchase, including traveling by public transportation as defined in ORS 166.116.