- Music: "Shots" by Imagine Dragons
- The Charleston Church Shooting One Week Later -- Part III: Right-Wing Spin And The Confederate Flag
- The Charleston Church Shooting One Week Later -- Part II: The Church Wasn't Roof's First Target
- The Charleston Church Shooting One Week Later -- Part I: What We Know
- Lyrics: Red Crayons, by Bill McIver
About Ceasefire Oregon
Ceasefire Oregon works to prevent gun violence by advocating reasonable, effective gun laws. We educate the public and legislators about gun violence, lobby on behalf of bills that will help make our communities safer, and work to prevent the passage of bills that would make it easier for dangerous people to obtain and carry firearms.
About 30,000 people are killed by firearms in this country every year. More than twice as many are injured. This is a public health crisis of staggering proportions. Guns are too easily available to felons, fugitives, kids, and people with serious mental heath problems. To reduce gun violence, we must make it more difficult for people who cannot lawfully own guns to obtain them.
Ceasefire Oregon History
Ceasefire Oregon was founded in 1994 as a grassroots organization dedicated to staging an annual gun turn-in. We subsequently broadened our scope to include education programs to prevent gun violence.
In 2001, we formed an alliance with a longtime legislative advocacy group, Oregonians Against Gun Violence (OAGV). The original Ceasefire Oregon became the Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) organization, and OAGV became Ceasefire Oregon, a 501 (c)(4) organization.