- Ceasefire Oregon and the Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation Release Recommendations to Reduce Gun Violence by 30-50% in Five Years
- Who Does The NRA Really Represent? Follow The Money.
- A Town Hall Forum On Gun Violence In Eugene
- School Lockdown Drills Are This Generation's "Duck And Cover"
- Pro-Gun Responses To The Umpqua Shooting: Part II -- Politicians Weigh In, Democrats vs. Repubicans
Ceasefire Oregon History
Ceasefire Oregon was founded in 1994 as a grassroots organization dedicated to staging an annual gun turn-in. We subsequently broadened our scope to include education programs to prevent gun violence.
In 2001, we formed an alliance with a longtime legislative advocacy group, Oregonians Against Gun Violence (OAGV). The original Ceasefire Oregon became the Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) organization, and OAGV became Ceasefire Oregon, a 501 (c)(4) organization.