- Pro-Gun Responses To The Umpqua Shooting: Part I -- Roseburg Pro-Gun Locals And President Obama
- Oregon Representative Earl Blumenauer On Gun Violence
- The Umpqua Community College Shooting Exposes Two Pro-Gun Myths
- Op-Ed From The Guardian: Guns kill people in the US because we pervert the Second Amendment
- An Initial Statement On The Umpqua Community College Shooting From Ceasefire Oregon
Ceasefire Oregon History
Ceasefire Oregon was founded in 1994 as a grassroots organization dedicated to staging an annual gun turn-in. We subsequently broadened our scope to include education programs to prevent gun violence.
In 2001, we formed an alliance with a longtime legislative advocacy group, Oregonians Against Gun Violence (OAGV). The original Ceasefire Oregon became the Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) organization, and OAGV became Ceasefire Oregon, a 501 (c)(4) organization.